With its immense mobile traffic, WeChat is the most popular promotional platform within the Chinese community. WeChat Official Accounts Platform, also known as WeChat Official Accounts, are an interface built in the WeChat platform can use to Gather followers, Send them push notifications, Redirect them to a website/e-commerce. It is one of the low-cost, low-coverage marketing methods. There exist several types of WeChat Official Accounts: WeChat Subscription accounts, WeChat Service accounts and Enterprise accounts.
What are the different types of WeChat Official Accounts?
- WeChat Subscription accounts: can send up to 1 push message per day to their followers and are grouped together in a dedicated folder appearing alongside your friends in the “chat” section of WeChat. Subscription accounts can be created either with a Chinese ID (in which case their features would be limited, especially access to the WeChat API) or with a local Chinese business license.
- WeChat Service accounts: appear as friends in the “chat” section of WeChat. They are extremely visible and have additional features compared to subscription account (in particular WeChat login, WeChat payment and geo-localization). However, they can only post 4 messages per month.
- Enterprise accounts: are meant for internal management of companies. They require both the account and the follower to approve each-other. Their content can’t be shared with unauthorized users. They are perfect for a company wanting to spread an internal newsletter.
Figure out the differences between the functions of the three through the picture.
1) If you want to simply send a message and achieve the promotion effect, it is recommended to choose a subscription account number
2) If you want to use the public number to get more functions, such as opening WeChat payment, it is recommended to choose the service account;
3) If you want to manage internal company employees, teams, and internal use, you can apply for the enterprise account;
4) The subscription account can be upgraded to the service account entry after passing the WeChat certification qualification review. After the upgrade is successful, the type cannot be changed;
5) The service account cannot be changed to the subscription account
To learn more about the WeChat Official Accounts Platform related issues, you can scan the QR code to contact online customer service through Tencent customer service account.
WeBoost provides WeChat small program development, WeChat Official Accounts Platform customization management and other services. If you are interested in our services, click on the official website of WeBoost. You can also contact us by scanning the QR code to add our WeChat account. We look forward to your coming.